Quick post to share the awesome power of Netlify w/its amazing 'Deploy to Netlify' button.
Here's the checklist required in Shopify: * Product SKUs entered in backend system * Private App created in Apps you can follow the steps outlined below:
- Click on ‘Apps‘ in your admin sidebar
- Click on ‘Manage private apps‘
- Click on the button for ‘Create a new private app‘
- Add in an app name and email (the name can simply be ‘Storefront API’)
- Check the checkbox for ‘Allow this app to access your storefront data using the Storefront API‘
- Click ‘Save‘
You will need to create an account on Github and Netlify too (both free!)
You can get up and running on a Headless Shopify Jamstack site by clicking the button below:
You'll be prompted with a screen to connect to your github account.
Next, you'll see a series of text fields, this is where you can connect your Shopify storefront info. Here's a quick breakdown line by line of what you need to enter from Shopify:
- The first two fields - add in the shopify access token
- Store name - first part of the URL, ex - hironakastore
- Yourshopifyname.myshopify.com - the url of your store - ex. hironakastore.myshopify.com
Assuming you've entered everything correctly, you should have a Headless Shopify Storefront deployed! It's exciting leveraging some of these Jamstack tools and making it accessible to more people.
Netlify is an intuitive Git-based workflow and powerful serverless platform to build, deploy, and collaborate on web apps.